Friday, September 5, 2014

Call #1 was great! But I answered all the questions! What will happen in call #2?

Call #2 is coming up. I guess I'll just let people ask what they want to.

Because everyone can listen to all 3 calls if they signed in before 7pm (France time).

But I bet I get a lot of this questions (so many people ask it): Can I coach others before my own life is exemplary? (The answer had better be yes, because my life isn't exemplary yet!) So I'll answer that again if someone asks it.

For now, here's that newsletter we sent out about these calls, in case you didn't get (because you're not on my mailing list, which is easily remedied if you go over to barbarasclub.com/courses and scroll down to the bottom and enter your email address).

Free call with Barbara: Should you be a life coach?



Barbara Sher's Newsletter
Thursday, August 28, 2014

Hi All

Do you ever wonder if you should be a Life Coach?

I've been running weekend workshops on various topics in Frankfurt, Germany for over 10 years and at every workshop, people discover, often to their surprise, that what they really love is helping other people solve problems.

I understand that very well. Helping people solve problems is my profession and my mission. I've been doing it for over 45 years. In fact, I was a life coach before any of us had a name for it. Then, after running a workshop in South Carolina more than 30 years ago, a local newspaper wrote an article about me and called me a Life Coach in the headline.
I loved that title immediately. To me a coach is someone who has the interest and natural ability to help others solve lifestyle problems. Skills and training aren't the same for psychologists or religious counselors and neither are the goals.

I once read an ad in an airport that I've never forgotten: "Fulfilling your dreams can be more therapeutic than analyzing them." Of course, sometimes people need a psychologist or a minister or a good athletic trainer, for that matter. But I think almost everyone would benefit from an intelligently  trained life coach who has real respect for them and a commitment to help solve their problems.

Being a coach is not for everyone. But it's profoundly satisfying for 'naturals.'  They know who they are because they've been doing some form of coaching since they were little kids.

So if you've been wondering where you fit in, this call can help you figure it out. Call in and talk with me, in person, for an hour on September 5, 2014 at  7 pm in Frankfurt, 1 pm in New York, 10 am in Los Angeles. It's free.

I'll be doing my third coach training in Frankfurt, starting November 15, 2014.  That's just a few weeks from now. It will include 5 face-to-face weekends, and online assignments. You'll be working with test clients almost from the beginning.

I'll see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment